|The Huwei Vision will feature a 3D carousel UI that enables users|
to quickly select the panel of apps they wish to use
Although we are yet to see availability in the U.S. market, Huawei has continued to announce a series of devices that demonstrate their own unique take on the Android operating system. In June, the company announced a new 7" Android tablet, the Huawei MediaPad, which they claimed to be the first 7" tablet to run the Android 3.2 Honeycomb operating system, while the 10.1" Samsung Galaxy tablet and Motorola Xoom were still running Honeycomb version 3.1.
With their latest device - the Huawei Vision, which the company announced this week, Huawei is introducing a smartphone with a 3D user interface and carousel animation. The Vision displays 3D panels on the home screen, which allow users to quickly select any panel, similar to the 2D HTC Sense UI, or the Cooliris desktop application. The Huawei Vision will be introduced with the Android Gingerbread 2.3 OS running on a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM 8255 application processor.
Little information was provided by Huawei regarding release date or carriers, other than "available in selected markets from September". The Vision works in triband GSM and WCDMA/HSDPA/ HSUPA. Huawei will be seeking to leverage the popularity of the Angry Birds game, which they will be pre-installing along with Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, Order&Chaos Online and Guerrilla Bob HD.
Here are the limited details that were provided on the Huawei Vision smartphone
- Unibody design
- Android Gingerbread 2.3 OS
- 3.7 inch capacitive multi-touch screen
- Measures 9.9mm (0.39 inches) at its thinnest point and weighs around 121g (0.27 pounds)
- 5M pixels auto focus camera with LED flash and video recording to 720P
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth V2.1 with A2DP
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM 8255 processor
- 1400mAH battery
- 512M RAM + 2G ROM memory with a memory card slot up to 32GB
- Micro USB 2.0 port
- Assisted GPS support
- FM radio
- Full range of messaging including SMS, MMS, Email, Push Mail and IM
- G-sensor, proximity sensor and light sensor
- Back covers available in silver, rose gold, and charcoal.